The Tuscany Community Association, formed in April of 2000, is a volunteer-driven body committed to addressing community issues, planning community events and recreation activities, and providing effective representation in civic matters. Membership in the Tuscany Community Association is voluntary and costs $25 per year. A single membership covers a household for participation in TCA-sponsored activities, and entitles one vote at the AGM.
How is the Tuscany Community Association related to the Tuscany Club/Tuscany Residents Association?
Our Community Association receives questions from many residents who want to learn more about the relationship between our Community Association and the Tuscany Residents Association/Tuscany Club. Although we often work together, these are actually different groups with independent purposes. Here is some information to help illustrate how these two Associations function:
– A community association is an organization formed by the residents of an area:
- to manage and direct its social and recreational activities
- TCA plans, develops and maintains some community programs such as Tuscany Soccer, Community Bookswap, Tuscany Sun, Amazing Chase and Race, etc.
- to represent the community in civic matters (planning and development)
- to plan, develop and maintain community facilities and amenities
- not applicable at this time
- membership is voluntary
- all residents within the entire community of Tuscany are welcome to become members
– A resident’s/homeowner’s association is a compulsory organization created by a land developer:
- to manage and maintain the “marketing” amenities (entrance signage, ornamental parks and ponds, boulevard landscaping and building) of a development that the City will not accept responsibility to maintain
- to manage and maintain amenities such as lakes and golf courses
- The Tuscany Club is run solely by the RA
- membership is compulsoryand the requirement to pay an annual fee is collected by the association through a caveat on title
- not all residents in Tuscany fall within the RA’s boundaries and so not all residents pay an annual fee and so, therefore, not all residents are members of the Tuscany Club
Tuscany Community Association
P.O. Box 27054 Tuscany RPO
Calgary, Alberta T3L 2Y1